Ads Top

Nobel Prize in Physics 2019

Nobel Prize in Physics Hide — uploads.disquscdn.com
Thumbnail

•Three scientists- Canadian-American cosmologist James Peebles and Swiss astronomers Michel Mayor and Didier Queloz- have jointly been awarded the 2019 Nobel Prize in physics
•"This year's Nobel Prize in Physics rewards new understanding of the universe's structure and history, and the first discovery of a planet orbiting a solar-type star outside our solar system
▫️James Peebles won one-half of the prize(50%)” for theoretical discoveries that have contributed to our understanding of “how the Universe evolved after the Big Bang“
•His work showed that the matter known to us — such as stars, planets, and ourselves — only makes up five percent(5%), while the other 95 percent is made up of “unknown dark matter and dark energy”.
▫️Michel Mayor and Didier Queloz:
•They shared the prize for their discovery of an exoplanet outside our solar system orbiting a solar-type star in the Milky Way.
•They were able to detect a gaseous ball similar in size to Jupiter, orbiting a star 50 light years from our own Sun.

No comments:

Owned by Hemant Satwaliya. Powered by Blogger.